August 16, 2022

Australia Visa Requirements

Individual Visas

Work And Holiday Visa

New for USA citizens, as of October 31, 2007, is the Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462), which allows applicants aged 18 to 30 who are high school, graduates to undertake temporary employment in Australia for a period of 12 months. You can be employed with any one employer for up to 6 months and you can study for up to 4 months. The Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462) is also available for applicants from Chile, Thailand and Turkey. These applicants must be tertiary educated and aged 18 to 30. People from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom can apply for the Working Holiday visa (subclass 417).


All persons travelling to Australia for tourism, recreation or to see family and friends must have an entry visa. ETA (Visitor): For short-term visits to Australia of up to 3 months: only available to passport holders from a number of countries. Tourist visa: A temporary visa allowing a stay in Australia of up to three (3) or six (6) or 12 months. Sponsored Family Visitor visa: For people seeking to visit family in Australia for a stay period of up to 12 months. Formal sponsorship by an Australian citizen or permanent resident is required.

 Special Activities

A range of visas is available for people to participate in specific professional, cultural or social activities in Australia, or to receive medical treatment in Australia. For more information on visa requirements and immigration to Australia please visit: