August 16, 2022

Visas you need when filming in Australia

If you are planning to film in Australia you will require a Specialist Entry visa.  You will fall under one of the two visa categories below.  Ensure that you give yourself sufficient time to prepare as it is quite an involved process.

Entertainment Visa (Subclass 420)

For people to work in the Australian casino entertainment industry; in film, television or live productions in either a performance or behind-the scenes role, such as directors, producers and other production personnel.

Media and Film Staff Visa (Subclass 423)

For television or film crew, including actors, production and support staff and still-photographers. Applicants must be involved in the production of documentary programs, or commercials, exclusively for use outside Australia.


[Read more…]